Commonly known as ‘G3’, the purpose of RIIRIS601D Establish and maintain the risk management system program provides participants with the knowledge, skills and ability to establish and maintain Risk Management Systems in the resources and infrastructure industry.
Establish and maintain the risk management system
Four (4) days + Self-paced post-course assessment
Mode of Delivery
Workplace & blended
Workplace training: Australia Wide
Classroom-based training: Australia Wide
Both the knowledge and application of Risk Management Systems is a fundamental requirement for anyone working in the resources, energy and major projects sectors. The identification and control of a range of risks facing any business or project, across a broad range of industries, is fundamental to ensuring not only a successful outcome but also an ongoing refinement of key systems and procedures.
As a consequence, an organisation will become increasingly robust in response to both existing and future competition, as well as becoming more aware of key risks in the globalised business environment.
The ‘G3’ program is designed for those people working in the Resources and Infrastructure Industry in roles such as Risk Managers, Technical Managers, General Managers, Site Senior Executives and members of Management teams.
This is a statutory competency for any coal mine Site Senior Executive (SSE).
This highly interactive and practical based program is delivered by professionals with both qualifications and extensive experience in the establishment, maintenance and audit of risk management systems. It is designed to train and assess participants in the following components:
- Knowledge of the requirements, procedures and instructions that apply to establish and maintaining a risk management system
- Implementation of procedures and techniques for the safe, effective and efficient establishment and maintenance of risk management systems
- The identification of the relevant information and scope of the work to meet the required outcomes
- Working with others to establish and maintain risk management systems
- The consistent and timely establishment and maintenance of risk management systems.
The program is very hands-on based and is structured around the completion of a series of inter-linked activities and is reliant on active participation throughout the program. Post-course assessment is required to complete the unit of competency requirements.